How many countries does US trade with?
What country does the US trade with the most?
These are the biggest U.S. trade partners
- China – $636 billion.
- Canada – $582.4 billion.
- Mexico – $557 billion.
- Japan – $204.2 billion.
- Germany – $171.2 billion.
- South Korea – $119.4 billion.
- United Kingdom – $109.4 billion.
- France – $82.5 billion.
Who is the US number 1 trading partner?
List of the largest trading partners of the United StatesRankCountry/DistrictExports1China129,8942Canada282,2653Mexico243,3144Japan67,605
What are the top 5 countries that the US exports to?
The Top Countries Exporting to the U.S.
- China. Tariffs between the U.S. and China has impacted trade between the two countries, and yet China remains the biggest exporter to the U.S., with goods totaling $382.1 billion year-to-date as of the end of October 2019. …
- Mexico. …
- Japan. …
- Germany. …
- Vietnam. …
- United Kingdom. …
- Ireland. …
What is US biggest export?
Top U.S. service exports
Services are the biggest US export, with total foreign sales of $778 billion last year. Indeed, the United States has a $243 billion trade surplus in services, which is good news since service industries account for 71% of US jobs.
Where does the US get most of its food?
In 2018, the top partner countries from which United States Imports Food Products include Canada, Mexico, France, Italy and China.
Who is China’s biggest trade partner?
China’s Top Trading Partners
- United States: US$418.6 billion (16.8% of China’s total exports)
- Hong Kong: $279.6 billion (11.2%)
- Japan: $143.2 billion (5.7%)
- South Korea: $111 billion (4.4%)
- Vietnam: $98 billion (3.9%)
- Germany: $79.7 billion (3.2%)
- India: $74.9 billion (3%)
- Netherlands: $73.9 billion (3%)
Where does the US get most of its imports?
Year-to-Date ImportsRankCountryPercent of Total Imports—Total, All Countries100.0%—Total, Top 15 Countries78.9%1China17.7%2Mexico13.7%
Does Japan buy anything from America?
U.S. exports to Japan account for 4.5% of overall U.S. exports in 2019. The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: mineral fuels ($9.3 billion), aircraft ($8.8 billion), optical and medical instruments ($7.1 billion), machinery ($7.0 billion), and electrical machinery ($4.6 billion).
What country has the best trade?
Year-to-Date Total TradeRankCountryPercent of Total Trade—Total, All Countries100.0%—Total, Top 15 Countries72.5%1Canada16.4%2China14.6%
What is US biggest export to China?
Aircraft, soybeans, motor vehicles and microchips are top U.S. exports to China. Since 2001, the share of these exports going to China has increased sharply. Soybeans and motor vehicles are targets of recent Chinese tariffs.
What does US export to Japan?
The top U.S. agricultural exports to Japan for 2017 were corn ($2.2 billion), beef and beef products ($1.9 billion), pork and pork products ($1.6 billion), soybeans ($976 million), and wheat ($727 million).
What is America’s biggest import?
What Are the Major U.S. Imports?
- Machinery (including computers and hardware) – $386.4 billion.
- Electrical machinery – $367.1 billion.
- Vehicles and automobiles – $306.7 billion.
- Minerals, fuels, and oil – $241.4 billion.
- Pharmaceuticals – $116.3 billion.
- Medical equipment and supplies – $93.4 billion.
What 5 countries do we import the most from?
The United States imports half of its total volume from five countries: China, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and Germany. Although the United States can manufacture goods it imports, these exporting countries have the comparative advantage over it.