Can I trade in my iPhone for a new one?
Trading in your device is as easy as buying a new one. We’ll give you a prepaid trade-in kit or shipping label to send it off. Or you can bring it to an Apple Store. We’ll either give you instant credit toward the purchase of a new product or send your device on to our recyclers.
How do I clear my phone for trade in?
- Go to Settings.
- Select System > Advanced > Reset options.
- You will be presented with three choices. …
- You’ll get a warning screen reminding you that your data will be erased, along with all the accounts you’re currently signed into. …
- If you have a PIN or some other security setup, you’ll be asked to enter it.
What condition does your phone have to be in to trade in?
You must return your smartphone in good physical and fully functional condition. See the examples section for pics of smartphones you can’t trade in. You must buy a new, eligible smartphone on an eligible installment plan with qualifying service.
How do I claim my $25 from Apple?
How to Claim Your $25 from the iPhone Batterygate Settlement
- From the settlement page, click Claim Form Online.
- Find your iPhone’s serial number under Settings > General > About > Serial Number.
- If you no longer have your phone or can’t find your serial number, you can look it up by entering your Apple ID, the device type, and your name and address.
How do I prepare my iPhone for trade in?
Remove your personal information from your old device
- If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your device.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store. …
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Is trading in your phone safe?
Before you trade in your old phone, it’s important to properly wipe the data clean. A factory reset will work, so long as you encrypt the phone first. For Android users, if you existing phone runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or newer, your data will already be encrypted by default. So, you’re good.
How can I upgrade my phone?
Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
How do I clear my old phone before I sell it?
- Step 1: First, turn off any screen locks. …
- Step 2: Remove your Google account from the device. …
- Step 3: If you have a Samsung device, remove your Samsung account from the phone or tablet as well.
- Step 4: Now you can wipe the device with a factory reset.
Can I trade in my iPhone if it’s not paid off?
macrumors member. You can trade in a financed phone. … You can continue to pay both or pay off the financed phone.
What is considered physical damage on phones?
Physical damage to the display’s liquid crystals, such as cracking, rupturing or discoloration in one or more places. Transmission or reception caused by the network, or the location of your phone when making a call, and not by the mechanical functioning of the phone itself.
What to do with your old phone when you upgrade?
What to do with Your Old Phone When You Upgrade
- Keep Your Old Phone and Repurpose. Most people typically keep their most recent old device in case something happens to their current smartphone. …
- Pass it on to a Family Member. …
- Donate/Recycle Your Phone. …
- Head on Over to Tesco. …
- Sell, Sell, Sell. …
- Trade-In to Upgrade Your Phone. …
- Trends. …
Can I sue Apple for slowing my phone?
Apple has agreed to pay up to $500 million to settle litigation accusing it of quietly slowing down older iPhones as it launched new models, to induce owners to buy replacement phones or batteries. … Consumers contended that their phones’ performance suffered after they installed Apple software updates.
How long do iPhones last?
An iPhone 11 should easily last you a couple of years before the battery becomes an issue, while the chunky iPhone 11 Pro Max should give a good three years of service.